About This Episode
In this episode I share a bit about my goal setting process, new goals for 2019 and what this means – personally and for my media. I hope that this podcast will help inspire you to think about how you can best meet your goals and serve God in the coming year. And that you will remember that we all have important work to do.
Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year and may God bless you and yours!
2018 has been a year of change for me and I am enormously thankful for everyone who has stuck with me through the many revisions I have made to both my podcast and my blog. While I usually welcome change, working through it is a process and, for me at least, a lot of trial and error is involved!
As I mature in my walk with Jesus, however, I am learning to let go and let Him lead. And I believe that, with His help 2019, is going to be more focused and productive than this year was.
The trick for me is to divide my energy between what is most important which sometimes means cutting back. Because I think others might want to try this (and to help myself keep it straight) here’s what that looks like for me!
My Goals for 2019
- Continue to check in with God every morning and evening via prayer. Study and apply Scripture every day!
- Switch from long in depth Christian blog articles to a focused weekly Bible post plus short weekly update or review.
- Cut back TV time and put Christian coaching course on hold. Begin Hebrew course and continue to help lead Bible study at my church.
- Simplify remodeling jobs, do easy fixes whenever possible, and save up to hire help for bigger jobs. No more eating out or overspending!
- Cut social media and write every morning before the day starts.
- Make simple healthy meals instead of multi ingredient recipes. Make less food!
- Follow a routine that honors family, faith, health, home, and creative work.
Let’s pray for each other as we move into this new season in our lives!
Please feel free to share your prayer requests as comments on this post or through my facebook page at Facebook.com/ScriptureSunday. And don’t forget to check back on Sunday for my first Scripture Sunday Bible post!